Hey, you! Welcome to Fuelling The Fork; a vegetarian food blog showcasing healthy, delicious and balanced vegetarian recipes for everyday life. Iâ€™m so glad youâ€™re here.
This vegetarian food blog is written, photographed and designed by me, Molly, a training nutritional therapist based in Edinburgh. I enjoy porridge with ALL the toppings, travelling the world one getaway at a time and an insatiable shopping habit for cute and quirky crockery.
Fuelling The Fork was born out of a desire to create and share recipes that defy the stereotypically healthy meals that leave us bored and unsatisfied. Not only this, but a desire to help people to find a way of eating for health in a way that is enjoyable and sustainable.
Over the years of experimenting with many different ways of eating and unfortunately getting sucked into one or two diet fads along the way (gluten free/paleo/low fat/low calorie/IIFYM- Iâ€™m looking at you), this is something Iâ€™ve become so passionate about.
…So much, in fact, that two years ago I made the decision to leave my path towards training as a clinical psychologist and start all over again as a nutritional therapist. In doing so, I have gained so much knowledge and insight into the power of food as medicine, and Iâ€™m so excited to share this and everything I continue to learn, with YOU!
Prepare for sad salads to be replaced by delicious vegetarian food youâ€™ll actually be excited to eat. These recipes are perfectly suited to anyone looking to make healthy, nutritiously balanced recipes inspired by a range of different ingredients and cuisines. Theyâ€™ll always be creative and delicious.
Are you ready? Letâ€™s fuel your fork!
PS: Here are 8 foodie facts you need to know about me:
1. Truffle flavoured anything is my heaven. As most of us are yet to win the lottery, you probably wonâ€™t see many truffle recipes here on the blog - but my favourite Mushroom Chestnut Soup with Truffle Toasts uses truffle oil, which is far more affordable and absolutely delicious!
2. I donâ€™t really like watermelon. I just donâ€™t understand the hype. There, I said it.
3. When I started this blog, I was following a diet called IIFYM. Thatâ€™s short for “If It Fits Your Macros”. The premise of the diet is that you can eat anything you like as long as it fits into the daily protein, carbohydrate and fat quota required to meet your fat loss/muscle gain/physique maintenance goals. Now, I eat a predominantly plant based, whole foods diet with a focus on intuitive eating. Oh, how times have changed!
4. I love ANY type of nut and the prospect of having to choose a favourite makes me feel genuinely morose. That being said, if I absolutely had to choose, it would be a tie between walnuts and pistachios. Mmmm… *daydreams about pistachio gelato*
5. Iâ€™ve been vegetarian since the beginning of 2017, and predominantly plant based since August 2017. Reading this book was what inspired me to change my eating habits. I highly recommend it.
6. My go-to quick, healthy and easy meal is porridge - or “oatmeal” to my American friends. Itâ€™s delicious as both a sweet or savoury meal. Check out my Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Oats or my Vegan Pumpkin Pie Oats for inspo!
7. Tempeh is by far my favourite plant based protein source but itâ€™s not very accessible in UK supermarkets and health food stores. Patiently waiting…
8. Although I am right handed for every other hand related task, I eat left handed. I truly have no idea how this happened. Rearranging the table settings at a restaurant or dinner party has become my normal.
PPS. If you like what you see here, be sure to sign up to my newsletter through the orange box in the sidebar to be the first to hear about new recipes, posts and exclusive subscriber only content 100% FREE! ðŸ™‚
Donâ€™t forget to follow me on Instagram, where youâ€™ll find me documenting even more healthy meals, travel snaps and healthy hacks!